WBI hires self-starters, purpose-driven employees that align to our culture and have or develop deep AFRL knowledge and experience. Employees are reliable ambassadors. Through their commitment we will demonstrate our national defense knowledge and innovation leadership to our customers, partners and community to differentiate from the competition.
Wright Brothers Institute (WBI) is a cutting-edge innovation and technology commercialization center for the Air Force Research Laboratory, with facilities located just outside of WPAFB in Dayton, OH. We drive fast, agile innovation that enables successful technology development to solve the Air Force’s most complex challenges by leveraging resident experts, unique facilities, disruptive innovation processes and extensive networks.
The Controller leads the development, implementation, and execution of the Institute’s financial policies, processes, systems, and budgeting.
· Oversees all payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and monthly financial statements.
· Assists the COO and Director in preparing annual operating budgets; and quarterly budget reviews for the WBI Board of Trustees.
· Leads the WBI support of and response to Government and independent audits.
· Ensures tax returns and other required financial documentation are accurate and timely.
· Supports the Institute’s financial controls, policies, processes, and systems.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
2. Minimum 15 years accounting experience in an accounting or financial management role. Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
a. Federal Government accounting policies and standards; Federal Government Audit Under the Uniform Guidance compliance.
b. Developing and managing financial controls, policies, procedures, and systems.
c. Monitoring the financial performance of an organization.
d. Preparing annual operating budgets.
e. Extensive use of QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Excel, and PayCor (or similar payroll software tool).
3. Demonstrated experience in effectively leading a team of financial specialists.
4. Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
5. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
What Wright Brothers Institute Offers
· An exciting work environment with a great organizational culture and highly engaged employees.
· 25 days paid time off, Medical, Dental, Simple IRA with organizational match.
This is a full-time position. If you have an interest in applying for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, citizenship, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line of “Financial Manager” by COB on 11 July 2021.
Follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on WBI job openings.
Wright Brothers Institute provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.