WBI hires purpose-driven employees that align to our culture and have or develop deep AFRL knowledge and experience. Employees are reliable ambassadors. Through their commitment we will demonstrate our national defense knowledge and innovation leadership to our customers, partners and community to differentiate from the competition.
- Serving as the delegate and in-market leader of WBI’s Collaborative Innovation activities for the St. Louis, Missouri-based Midwest Hub;
- Immersing themselves in the culture and defense-relevant translational research and innovation activities of the Midwest region and the Hub’s affiliated DoD mission partners;
- Reaching key goals and performance indicators which are established by WBI and its customers and partners;
- Expanding awareness of WBI capabilities and DoD mission partner needs within the regional ecosystem; and
- Growing relationships with academic, industry, and government partners and community members.
- An advanced professional science or engineering (S&E) degree (MS, PhD) from an accredited academic institution, business, or related field, is preferred but not required.
- Driver's License (Required).
- Mid-career with 7-12 years of relevant experience.
- Understanding and experiences in both government and non-government environments.
- Business Leadership, such as:
- Practical and educational background in business operations.
- Project and financial management experience.
- Ability to mentor and motivate diverse inter-organizational teams.
- Experience with successfully leveraging a chaotic environment to yield great results.
- Understanding of and experience in working with a collaborative, diverse and innovative team environment.
- Onsite work; where office space will be regularly made available at the Technology Entrepreneur Center (“T-REX”) in downtown St. Louis, Missouri.
- Periods of sitting/standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Travel to additional locations to meet the requirements of the employment.
Follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on WBI job openings.
Wright Brothers Institute provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.