WBI hires self-starters, purpose-driven employees that align to our culture and have or develop deep AFRL knowledge and experience. Employees are reliable ambassadors. Through their commitment we will demonstrate our national defense knowledge and innovation leadership to our customers, partners and community to differentiate from the competition.
The Facility Coordinator role at Wright Brothers Institute (WBI) is primarily devoted to the effective support and coordination of events – from individual meetings to multi-day conferences, held at WBI’s 444 E. Second Street (“444”) facility/commercial building location. The Facility Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager of the 444 facility and assists them in managing and organizing facility operations, including doing administrative functions. Works directly with internal and external customers to determine event needs, schedules and coordinates facility resources, and creates event environments that delight customers and enable desired outcomes.
- Has responsibility for every part of event preparation and support; Reviews, schedules, and arranges facility resources to accommodate event requests.
- Identifies customer requirements and expectations for each event.
- Manage event activities on the daily schedule. Ensures facility spaces are properly set up for meetings and events and manages all event tear down and follow-up processes.
- Provides onsite supervision during events.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings; assists with collecting data relating to event operations, event attendance, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Shares learnings: identifies trends and concerns and implements improvements in programs and services based on analysis of data.
- Liaises with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Maintains expenses within event budgets.
- Serves as the first ‘face-to-customer’ when visitors arrive at the facility – professional guidance, greeting and “can do” attitude is a must.
- Assists the Operations Manager by giving constructive feedback to improve the operations of the business.
- Responsible for maintaining business operations in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Associate degree in a technical field, business, or communications desired.
- 3+ years’ experience developing and administrating events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Competency with event technologies (teleconferencing, A/V equipment, etc.)
- Experience managing facility operations is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership, administrative and organizational skills.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
This is a full-time position.
- An exciting work environment with a great organizational culture and highly engaged employees
- 25 days paid time off, Medical, Dental, Simple IRA with organizational match
Subscribe and be the first to know when careers come available.
Wright Brothers Institute provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.