WBI hires self-starters, purpose-driven employees that align to our culture and have or develop deep AFRL knowledge and experience. Employees are reliable ambassadors. Through their commitment we will demonstrate our national defense knowledge and innovation leadership to our customers, partners and community to differentiate from the competition.
Wright Brothers Institute Facility Security Officer
Wright Brothers Institute (WBI) is a cutting-edge innovation and technology commercialization center for the Air Force Research Laboratory, with facilities located just outside of WPAFB in Dayton, OH. We drive fast, agile innovation that enables successful technology development to solve the Air Force’s most complex challenges by leveraging resident experts, unique facilities, disruptive innovation processes and extensive networks.
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) will be a direct report to the Chief Operations Officer. They will be responsible for the entirety of Wright Brothers Institute’s security program and support all security clearance efforts as required by staff.
· Must guide WBI staff to enable obtaining Facility Clearance (FCL). Need working experience in establishing new Facility Clearances.
o Expert knowledge of DD254 preparation/coordination/processing.
o Help with sponsorship requests submitted through the National Industrial Security System (NISS) including help with DD254 submittal details.
o Assist in providing guidance for the sponsorship justification SOW.
· Must develop an Industrial Security Program and maintain compliance for WBI.
· Shall be responsible for National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) compliance at WBI.
· Will be responsible for submission of all FCL requests, change of conditions, clearance verifications or self-inspection certifications to NISS.
· Will be responsible for all responses required for the (DCSA) Industrial Security Representative (ISR).
· Will set up the NISS account for WBI.
· Direct WBI Key Management Personnel (KMPs) through security clearance to complete customer requested work.
o Provide guidance and administrate KMPs interim security clearance.
o Direct WBI employees to approved clearance.
o Will acquire all of KMP Questionnaires, review and submit on time.
o Provide Process and Requirements Training for WBI.
o Initial Process Training on how to receive DD254 Clearance. (Need clear delineated steps on how the process works and who contributes to the completion of the process for follow on DD254 work).
o Facility Requirements- FSO is to identify what is required to be provided by WBI.
o Insider Threat Program/Program Manager Training.
o Assistant FSO training to a WBI employee.
· Quarterly Briefing to WBI Leadership and/or Board.
· Participate in DCSA Assessments.
· Process new hire clearance requests and re-investigations through JPAS and review of e-Qip forms.
· Process all visit requests, both incoming and outgoing for the facility.
· Maintain security related policies & procedures for the facility.
· Ensure NISP, corporate, and government compliance.
· Maintain and issue company badge access cards for the facility.
· Prepare summaries of security incidents, violations, suspicious contacts, and any other adverse information for local and corporate management review.
· Support DCSA assessments/visits and implements any required corrective actions.
· Maintain facility and personnel information in JPAS/DISS and NISS.
· Work with Corporate HR to in/out process employees.
· Additional duties include:
o Be available to take after hour calls.
o Demonstrate effective working relationships with government agencies and security offices of current customers.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Criminal Justice, Cybersecurity, or related discipline is desired.
· Minimum of 5 years DoD security experience, 5+ years of experience as FSO, 7+ years performing security functions within a DoD contractor environment. Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
· Obtaining Facility Clearance (FCL).
· Setting up Industrial Security Program.
· Previous FSO experience.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must be an exclusive U.S. Citizen.
· Completion of DCSA required training for: FSO – Possessing facility | ITPSO | JPAS/DISS/NISS/SWFT.
What Wright Brothers Institute Offers
An exciting work environment with a great organizational culture and highly engaged employees.
80 hours of paid time off.
This is a part-time position. If you have an interest in applying for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, citizenship, and salary history to:
Follow us on social media or subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on WBI job openings.
Wright Brothers Institute provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.