WBI hires self-starters, purpose-driven employees that align to our culture and have or develop deep AFRL knowledge and experience. Employees are reliable ambassadors. Through their commitment we will demonstrate our national defense knowledge and innovation leadership to our customers, partners and community to differentiate from the competition.
Content Developer / Writer
Wright Brothers Institute (WBI) is a cutting-edge innovation and technology commercialization center for the Air Force Research Laboratory, with facilities located just outside of WPAFB in Dayton, OH. We drive fast, agile innovation that enables successful technology development to solve the Air Force’s most complex challenges by leveraging resident experts, unique facilities, disruptive innovation processes and extensive networks.
- Interviews internal peers and leadership, as well as established and potential customers to create content that advances the institute’s strategic goals.
- Writes on topics of reader interest to stimulate engagement, awareness and/or influence of stakeholders, customers and future collaborators.
- Conceives assigned or unassigned articles from knowledge of topic and editorial position of publication, supplemented by additional study and research.
- Researches facts to make sure false information does not damage the reputation of individuals, institutions, or businesses.
- Develops content that covers a wide range of platforms (social media, case studies, presentations, project reports, published articles, etc.).
- Translates WBI and Air Force contributions, accolades and impact to the general public.
- Edits and correct final draft to prepare for publication.
- Confers with stakeholders to establish specific and/or general subject material to be developed for publication and ensures appropriateness.
- Participates in conferences, meetings and briefings to recommend topics.
- Associates degree in a related field (English, journalism, communications or related writing discipline) is a minimum, while an undergraduate degree in a related discipline is preferred.
- A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience as a Writer required.
- Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Working as part of a high-performance team;
- Managing fast-paced, tech-driven projects;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Previous Air Force (or other DoD laboratory) experience is strongly preferred, as is a strong understanding of Air Force protocol and security considerations.
- Experience working in desktop publishing and graphics software (i.e. adobe creative suite) a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of publication styles and audience segmentation.
- Marketing experience a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
This is a full-time position. Occasional travel (up to 15%) will be required of the incumbent between facility locations but will be headquartered at the Springfield St. location.
- An exciting work environment with a great organizational culture and highly engaged employees
- 25 days paid time off, Medical, Dental, Simple IRA with organizational match
Subscribe and be the first to know when careers come available.
Wright Brothers Institute provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.